If you are asked to flash your panda manually, you can find a possibility to to it over WiFi here.
Manual Flashing over WiFi via curl
The easiest way to do this is under Linux. With the help of the Panda Makefiles on Github and a little Help on the #panda slack page, you can find out:
- Connect your Panda to power. It seems that it's sometimes important to do the flashing with 12V power (not USB) and with NO CAN Data (so turn your car off and wait a few minutes)
- Note your Pandas' network name and password (e.g. with chffr)
- Download and unpack Panda Firmware from https://github.com/commaai/panda-artifacts
- Connect directly via WiFi to your Panda
- Open a Terminal and Change your directory to the download-folder (e.g.
- Use these calls in your terminal, and wait until Panda flashes until you execute the next step (takes a few seconds)
- After the flashing of panda.bin the pands should flash (short) in multiple colours
If anything is still unclear, you can verify if you did your steps right with this video.