Installing OpenPilot on the EON
From comma wiki
Revision as of 07:32, 19 December 2017 by Foobar510
This page is for informational purposes only.
- To install OpenPilot, reboot the EON and hold the volume down and the power buttons.
- The phone should show the comma logo and boot into the cyanogenmod recovery screen.
- Click "factory reset" then "full factory reset" and confirm.
- Power off the phone and boot it back up
- After you reboot, configure networking (either with SIM or WiFi)
- NEOS will ask for an install URL; enter http://openpilot.comma.ai
- The phone will begin the installation which will reboot and take 30 to 60 minutes, depending on network speed.
- Don't worry if the screen is black for a long time, or has the loading spinner for a long time. Just be patient.
- However, if the EON boots and does not have network access, it can and does hang indefinitely until the network comes back!
Congratulations, you have OpenPilot on your EON!
Visit #openpilot on comma.slack.com and say hello