For installation in a Honda, see this tutorial video to find out correct placement and installation with a panda and giraffe.
For installation in a Toyota, see this instruction video.
- Mount the EON adapter.
- Horizontal aim - The inner edge of the fan (the side closest to the heatsink) should be directly underneath the stock LKAS camera. Overall aim may appear a little left of center, but post-Flippening code takes that into account.
- Vertical aim - The horizon should be at or just a little above center
- If you are installing with the Giraffe and Panda, install the Giraffe and Panda first and ensure that the USB can reach the Panda
- The previous preferred mount was to remove the mirror and mount the EON/NEO directly to the mirror mount. However, EONs come with the sticky GoPro mount. The instructions below will give you a good chance of installing a windshield mount level and straight:
- Experiments have revealed that the most important mounting aspect is the rotation (or roll) of the windshield mount. This method has repeatedly worked well:
- Park between two street lines (for instance: inside the yellow turn lane on a low-traffic street) Then put the car in drive with the parking brake on, and foot on the brake.
- Adjust the lanes until they look centered on the EON.
- Rotate the EON until the path line is perfectly vertical between the lines.
- If you prefer a Mirror Mount, here is a 3d printable STL file for a Honda Rearview Mirror Mount to GoPro adapter (may fit other cars too)
Consider following the Gridded UI wiki for precise EON placement.