First OpenPilot Drive
From comma wiki
- Make sure that the DIP switches for Giraffe are in the correct position for openpilot ("stock adas off" or "proxy stock adas w/panda") in this diagram before turning on your car.
- Make sure the EON is mounted properly and connected to the Panda by following Installing EON
- Make sure the EON has Internet access (either your wifi at home or a SIM card). Connect to a mobile hotspot if you don't have a SIM card
- Reboot your EON before turning your car on for good measure
- Turn your car on and verify that the Panda LEDs are pulsing red/blue/purple. If they are green, your panda is not flashed, see flashing instructions here Panda Flashing.
- OpenPilot should switch to "drive mode" and show the camera view with white lane marking
- Make sure that your EON is connected to the Internet or Calibration will not start
IF YOUR CAR IS RECOGNIZED:
- Calibration will increment at above 15mph. It will take less than 30 seconds to fully calibrate. If you move the mount, it's recommended to reset camera calibration under "device settings".
- When driving, activate your stock LKAS and ACC systems to use openpilot
IF YOUR CAR IS NOT RECOGNIZED
- You will have to port your car or update an existing port.
- Safely begin your drive. Calibration will remain at 0%, that's OK, it is still recording video and vital information necessary to get your car working.
- When driving, activate your stock LKAS and ACC systems. If possible, safely make voice notes (through a voice recorder) of what you are doing and when.
- When you get home, the drive should upload to Cabana. Go check it out (instructions TBD)
- You will need to work with the Discord community to port to your car. Check out the forums and Discord at #openpilot on https://opc.ai/discord.