Welcome to the future home of the highest quality car information on the internet.
If you are looking to get your EON up and running see the following guides
- Installing Giraffe
- Installing EON
- Running ChffrPlus on the EON
- Installing OpenPilot on the EON
- Configuring OpenPilot
- First OpenPilot Drive
- Creating Fingerprints
The Eon is the three things that you need for your car. A dashcam, navigation, and music.
panda is a universal car interface. Panda's allow you to talk to your car over USB and WiFi. It supports 3 CAN buses, 2 LIN buses, and 1 GMLAN. The software is 100% open source and is developed openly. Top contributors will be offered a job, comma.ai has a budget to fund this development, as we win if cars are more open and easier to talk to.
Giraffe connects Panda to vehicle control buses that are not exposed via the standard diagnostics port, usually the LKAS and ACC sensors and commands live on these buses. There are currently 2 versions, one for Honda and one for Toyota. Double check the connector and make sure it is compatible with your LKAS camera.
See Installing Giraffe for help installing it
neo is an open source robotics research platform. It is powered by a OnePlus 3(3T) smartphone and an STM32F205-based CAN interface board. EON is capable of everything that NEO is capable of.
See the neo wiki page for more info.
chffr is like a Fitbit for your car. It's a dashcam app that powers comma.ai's self-driving technology. For every minute you record you get comma points. Pair it with panda and view your compatible car's messages in cabana. It is available for Android and iOS
See the chffr wiki page for more info.
openpilot is an open source driving agent. It is capable of controlling the gas, brake, and steering on certain cars, reaching up to 6 minutes with no user action required (besides paying attention!). Currently works with Panda and Giraffe on some Honda and Toyota cars with many more Honda and Toyota ports currently underway. See How it works and Installing OpenPilot on the EON for installation instructions for EON
Cabana is a web application that allows you to inspect, label, and plot vehicle data collected by panda which can then be saved locally or committed to GitHub in the form of a dbc file. Cabana syncs panda data with chffr data for an extremely user-friendly reverse engineering experience. This allows you to easily scrub through video segments to target a specific driving event, such as braking, and label the associated CAN messages.
View example here
The NEO and the EON run NEOS, a heavily modified version of android. See NEOS for more info.
If you are having any issues with Chffr, Panda, or Neo please refer to the links below
How to Help
There are 4 ways to help:
- If you have a car listed here your car is supported by OpenPilot and recording your drives with chffr (or OpenPilot) will help build data to improve route tracking and sensor understanding
- If you have a different new model Honda or Toyota that has both lane keeping assist (LKAS) and adaptive cruise control (ACC), there is probably already a port underway to your car. You should search/ask on the forums and get on Comma Slack and help with the porting.
- If you have a different make car with LKAS and ACC, you can get the Panda and use Chffr to record your drives. If you're a hardware hacker, check out the Giraffe source repo to start adapting Giraffe to your car. You can also use Panda and Chffr to start recording drives now and decoding what CAN messages are available from the diagnostics port.
- If you don't have a LKAS or ACC car, you can still help the research project by getting a Panda and recording your drives with Chffr! You will gain Comma points and help bring the future of self driving cars closer.
And if you don't have a panda, you can help document which cars have ACC, LKAS, and self parking. This is a great list to start from.
(you must have at least 500 comma points to edit this wiki)