Installing OpenPilot on the EON
This page is for informational purposes only.
- Navigate to the chffrplus settings and select Uninstall
- After you reboot, configure networking (either with SIM or WiFi)
- NEOS will ask for an install URL; enter https://openpilot.comma.ai
- The phone will begin the installation which will reboot and take 10 to 30 minutes
- Don't worry if the screen is black for a long time, or has the loading spinner for a long time. Just be patient.
- However, if the EON boots and does not have network access, it can and does hang indefinitely until the network comes back!
Congratulations, you have openpilot on your EON!
Troubleshooting & Tips
I can't see the whole keyboard when trying to sign into openpilot
There is currently a bug that only displays part of the keyboard when you try to sign into openpilot.
To fix this reboot the EON.
If you don't have an active SIM installed
You should manually set the EON's Date, Time, and Zone in Settings to have timestamps on your data and videos aligned to your clock.
EON Gold froze during openpilot install (>30-45 mins), black screen, manual reset doesn't work
If your EON Gold came with an empty battery, the Mini USB cable might not give enough power to prevent battery depletion during openpilot install and it may freeze. To fix: open the EON Gold case with a 2.5mm hex key and charge the LeEco LePro 3 using USB-C. Restart phone and start the openpilot install process again.
Other Guides & Helpful Links
An in depth guide with visuals on setting up your new EON with openpilot.
- Reboot the EON and hold the volume down and the power buttons. For EON Gold hold the volume up and the power buttons.
- The phone should show the comma logo and boot into the cyanogenmod recovery screen.
- Click "factory reset" then "full factory reset" and confirm.
- Power off the phone and boot it back up
- Then once again follow the steps listed above, minus the Chffrplus step
See First OpenPilot Drive for next steps.
Visit #openpilot on comma.slack.com and say hello
Guides & Useful Links
An excellent visual guide to installing openpilot on your EON Dashcam DevKit.
An in depth guide to walk you through setting up your new EON with openpilot
A useful guide if you want to learn how to use SSH to connect to your EON for advanced configuration or maintenance reasons. It is friendly to Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Learn how to use SSH to connect to your EON for advanced configuration and maintenance purposes.
Learn how to install special tools to your Windows 10 machine to connect to your EON for advanced configuration and maintenance purposes. Mac / Linux come standard with these tools.
Learn how to install custom versions of openpilot tailored to your requirements.